Can't find what you're looking for?
Shop with confidence
Average Rating. Moody classics.
On Shelf. Place Hold. Add To List.
How the Incredible Magic of Being Ordinary Transforms Us
Chesterton tells us why we simply must look heavenward, and why we'll be glad we did. Also in This Series. More Like This.
- Read PDF Orthodoxy (Moody Classics).
- Masters Meditation Mantras - Volume 3?
- The Little Book Of Swinging On A Gate (ANOTHER LITTLE BOOK FROM BALLYYAHOO 2).
- Orthodoxy (Moody Classics).
- The Runners High!
Other Editions and Formats. Choose a Format. Date Edition Publisher Phys Desc. Availability Ignatius, p. More Info Place Hold. Available Online.
NEW - Orthodoxy (Moody Classics) by Chesterton, G. K. | eBay
Check Out Hoopla. Date Source Publisher Phys Desc. Hoopla Tantor Audio, 1 online resource 1 audio file 6hr. Online Hoopla Collection. More Info Check Out Hoopla. Date Source Publisher Availability Table of Contents.
Introduction in defence of everything else. Loading Excerpt Author Notes. Loading Author Notes LC Subjects. Christianity -- Essence, genius, nature. More Details. Similar Series From NoveList. Similar Titles From NoveList. And with that question, G.
Chesterton recounts the heart of an intellectual journey that took him from the edges of a nihilistic pessimism into the center of the paradoxical joy of Christian orthodoxy. His book is not a defense of the Christian faith, at least not primarily, so much as an attempt to explain how the startling paradoxes and sharp edges of the creed explain everything else. Though Orthodoxy was written near the start of the 20th century, I have dubbed it the most important book for the 21st.
There are few claims I have made in my life that I am more sure of than that one. The first time I listened to this, it was with a computer generated voice reading it. Not very satisfactory, but enough good to make me buy the paper version.
Then I saw that there was an Audible Chesterton at his philosophical best. He presents his personal arguments for the existence of God and skewers all the puffed up, empty-headed modern philosophers and worthless aristocrats and oligarchs.
- Orthodoxy - Gilbert Keith Chesterton - كتب Google.
- A Human Security Doctrine for Europe: Project, Principles, Practicalities (Routledge Advances in International Relations and Global Politics).
- Join Kobo & start eReading today!
- Web Marketing Method (Japanese Edition)?
- What is creativity and how do you foster it in a company?!
His wit is as fresh and sharp as Mark Twain's.